Explore Solo Community offers an exploration package to Bromo Volcano National Park and Madakaripura waterfall. “Gajah Mada” Madakaripura waterfall is a natural waterfall which is located in Lumbang-Probolinggo, this waterfall can be reached by inland trip for 3 hours from Surabaya. Bromo is standing upright among four regions; Probolinggo, Malang, Pasuruan and Lumajang and this is one of active volcanoes in Indonesia. The top of the mountain can be reached by inland trip for 1 hour from Madakaripura waterfall.
The beauty of Bromo seems never fade away; this mountain is one of most wanted exploration spot in Indonesia which offers marvelous crater and caldera with its very vast sand field. Enjoying sunrise at the top of Pananjakan spot will be more exotic with mountain view surround the area; Bathok mount, Bromo mount and Semeru mount standing upright welcoming the sun. Exploring the endless sand field is unforgettable experience which will break you free from daily routine.
Located at the slope of Tengger mount, Madakaripura waterfall is not only satisfy your eyes with its tropical plants combined with mountain rock, but also offers a historical values about Indonesian ancient victory, Gajah Mada commander and Majapahit Kingdom. Water always falling down from this curve shaped waterfall which create a multi-waterfall atmosphere as if it’s all waterfall in circle shape.
TIPS TO EXPLORE BROMO –MADAKARIPURA
- Best time to Explore Bromo-Madakaripura is on February – October every year.
- Wear jacket, gloves, socks, scarf and cap to keep you warm on the slope of Mount Bromo.
- Bring raincoat or umbrella since rain come in a certain place in Cemoro Lawang sometimes both in dry and rainy season.
- Wear mountaineering footgear to ease your trekking activity in Mount Bromo and Madakaripura waterfall.
- If you go without travel agent in holiday season (peak season), book inn for your accommodation long earlier.
- If you drive your own vehicle, make sure that the engine is excellent for driving upward the slope of Mount Bromo.
- Depart earlier from Cemoro Lawang at 04.00 to enjoy sunrise at Penanjakan.
- Arrive in Madakaripura waterfall before 11.30 a.m. due to the thickening fog after 1.00 p.m.