Explore Solo Community offers a package to explore the gorgeous Toba Lake and the greatest natural and cultural values of Samosir Island. Don’t waste your time for thinking; just join us to explore Samosir-Toba.
Toba is the biggest volcanic lake in Indonesia and even in Southeast Asia. This lake is located in Toba Samosir regency, North Sumatra. The lake is about 3000 km2 in extensive, and 184 km in distance from Medan city that can be reached by inland trip for 4 hours via Parapat city. The lake is even more beautiful with its volcanic island in the middle of it; Samosir Island.
Toba-Samosir exploration is started from Parapat, across Toba Lake with speedboat to Tuk Tuk, Samosir Island which impressed the explorer with the beauty of hills around the lake as if we cross the sea on the top of the mountain. A fertile land of Samosir Island and a rich cultural heritage offer a wonderful adventure. Explore Toba-Samosir cross the gorgeous natural .
TIPS TO EXPLORE TOBA-SAMOSIR
- Best time to Explore Toba – Samosir is on March – November every year.
- Check the schedule of the ship crossover from Parapat to Samosir Island in advance.
- If you go without travel agent, plan your own itinerary and rent motorcycle or car due to the rare public transportation depart to the tourism spot.
- Bring sufficient cash money because all ATMs are located in the sub district center of Samosir.
- Bring your personal medicines.
- Wear jacket or coat due to the cold weather at night.